Conclusion and Policy Implication
- The socioeconomic status of African Americans in terms of lack of education and poverty levels puts them at a disadvantage when comparing them to their white counterparts.
- African Americans are also among the poorest in the United States with very little education to compete with their counterparts which makes it difficult to cope in the society.
- The War on drugs has had a negative impact on the African American community as a majority of those convicted of drug crimes are non violent offenders who have drug convictions that keep them in prison.
- It is therefore important to examine the War on Drug policy in an attempt to reduce the number of African Americans in America's jails and prisons.
- Secondly the socioeconomic status should be examined and policies introduced that will ensure that minorities get a fair education and the same opportunities as their white counterparts.